Quilting, my new found love!

Last year, when I was 5 months pregnant my baby boy, Khidir, I started learning how to quilt. Looking at all those complicated patchings required, I thought quilting is a hard and complicated process plus a waste of time. But seeing that I have a lot of remnant fabrics from my bag making days, I thought to myself, why not try and see how it goes.



I search for the simplest, easy and fast pattern (well, searching for that is not easy at all haha) I came across this pattern named Cozy Cabins by Lynn Lister.

Selecting the fabrics for each block was not easy, not to mention tracing and cutting the fabric with scissors instead of the rotary cutter was a nightmare (I do own a blunt rotary cutter, though haha), and I started to regret starting this project. Sighs. But things changes after I completed the first block. Looking at the matching fabrics, I was in awe. So I proceed to make all 56 blocks within a month. Big bump didn't help much with all the long hours cutting and sitting. Ha!

When I showed the quilt top to my husband, he said to make it bigger. I didn't know what sizes in the quilting world, so I just add, guess what? I added another 100+ blocks more to fits my queen size bed. Who would have thought from an impossible project (according to my mind lol) to a completed quilt top!


This project is far from complete as I still need to find a batting and a backing fabric that matched. But slowly and surely, I started to fell in love with quilting and I really enjoy the process of completing every block. I even purchase a couple of quilt patterns and downloaded a lot of free patterns from the internet. I am looking forward to buying more fabrics and rulers and of course a rotary cutter!

Note: I am still struggling taking pictures with my DSLR camera, so you might experience looking at low-quality pictures. Sorry for the inconvenience!

'till the post. Smile always!

Love,
Noma


Comments